- 2 sweetcorn cobs, husks removed
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium head broccoli florets, cut into the same sized pieces
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- few drops sesame oil
Strip the kernels from the corn with a sharp knife. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot. Drop in the ginger and spring onion, stir briefly, add the chilli, stir again, and then add the broccoli florets.
Stir fry the broccoli for a couple of minutes until tender, then add the corn kernels, garlic and the mushrooms. Fry for a minute or two more then add salt, pepper, sesame oil and soy sauce. Serve with rice or noodles with some coriander or basil leaves as garnish.