Serves 2 as a side
- 300g baby bok choi, cleaned and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Place bok choi on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a few grinds of pepper.
Bake until stalks are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk to blend.
Put bok choi on a platter or serving dish, spoon dressing over, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve immediately.