- 1 medium fennel, very thinly sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 80g halloumi cheese, sliced to around 1.5cm
- 15g mint, most leaves chopped, a few left whole
- 1 tbsp Chilli Jam (or you could use honey)
- 125g Puy lentils, cooked until tender – or 250g ready-cooked (you could use other green or brown lentils which will keep their shape – but not red/orange ones!)
- One red chilli, finely chopped
Preheat the grill to high. Toss the fennel with the lime zest and juice, oil and some seasoning, then set aside.
Spread the halloumi over a non-stick baking tray and grill for 3 minutes until golden. Turn carefully and cook for 1 more minute.
Stir together the chopped mint and chilli jam (or honey mixed with some fresh chilli) then spoon this over the cheese. Return to the grill for a few moments until bubbling and golden at the edges.
Toss the lentils into the fennel, then top with the cheese and scatter over the mint leaves and chopped chilli.
(Adapted from waitrose.com)