- 250g brown mushrooms (or white button), cleaned and chopped
- 1 small-medium cauliflower head, washed, trimmed, cored and cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 40g strong cheddar or similar cheese
- 70g Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 220°C and place a rack in the middle. Spread cauliflower florets evenly on a baking tray. Drizzle over 1tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is lightly caramelized, turning once.
In a large pan over medium-high heat sauté the mushrooms in olive oil and a pinch of salt until they have browned a bit. Add the onions and until translucent. Stir in the garlic, cook for another minute and remove from the heat. When the cauliflower is ready, add it to the pan and stir until combined.
In a large bowl combine egg, cheese and yogurt. Add the veg mixture, stir well and spoon into a lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cover with foil. Turn the oven down to 175°C. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes, until golden around the edges. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or basil before serving.
Adapted from: https://www.theironyou.com/