Serves 4-8 as a side
- 1 small white cabbage (about 400g), shredded (or you could use a green or red)
- ½ cucumber
- 2 small red peppers (about 300g)
- 4 fresh spring onions (or a small red onion)
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped (or you could use parsley or basil)
- 1 apple (optional)
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 25ml vinegar (white, white wine or cider)
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- 1tsp fine salt or to taste
If you don’t have a mandolin just slice thinly with a knife! 🙂
Wash and paper-towel-pat-dry your veggies. Into a large bowl, thinly shred the cabbage onto mandolin (adjust to 1-2mm thickness). Insert coarse blade into the mandolin and slice the cucumber into the bowl with cabbage (remove coarse blade once done).
Cut the peppers into 8 wedges each, remove the seeds and slice thinly. Finely chop the onions, apple (if using) and herbs and add them to the salad.
To Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, combine and whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let it sit for 5-10 mins in order for sugar and salt to dissolve a bit.
Pour the dressing over the salad and give the salad a good stir in order for dressing to fully cover all the veggies. Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours before serving. Stir, taste and add salt if necessary before serving.